Amino acids are the structural chemical units that make up proteins. The special importance of amino acids is that some of them - precursors of neurotransmitters which are necessary for normal functioning of the brain. The absence one of essential amino acid suspend the formation of protein. Correction of deficiency of essential amino acids and replacement carried out by different drugs. Recently, interest in preparations that contain arginine significantly increased. This interest caused by the importance of L- arginine in the body functioning, as L- Arginine is a precursor of nitric oxide (NO). Arginine (Valagyn) is a common post-translational modification of proteins tsytoplazmatycheskyh that has a unique transcriptional regulatory pathways. L-arginine showed a protective effect in ischemia / reperfusion injury, which can be widely used in various diseases of the cardio-sudinnoyi system and metabolic disorders
2. Ranjbar K., Nazem F., Nazari A. «Effect of Exercise Training and L-arginine on Oxidative Stress and Left Ventricular Function in the Post-ischemic Failing Rat Heart. 2016 Apr;16(2):122-9. doi: 10.1007/s12012-015-9319-x.
3. Kai Kang , Xiao-liang Shu , Jing-xia Zhong. Effect of L-arginine on immune function: a meta-analysis. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2014;23(3):351-9. doi: 10.6133/apjcn.2014.23.3.09.
4. A. Dashtabi ; Z. Mazloom; M. Fararouei. Oral L-Arginine Administration Improves Anthropometric and Biochemical Indices Associated With Cardiovascular Diseases in Obese Patients: A Randomized, Single Blind Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial Res Cardiovasc Med. 2016 February; 5(1): e29419.
5. S. Goel, G.K. Jha, N.K. Agarwal «Role of l-arginine in treatment of osteoporosis», Orthopaedic Proceedings. July 9, 2014. 1358-992X.
6. A. Grafka1 , M. Łopucki1, K. Karwasik-Kajszczarek. «Study of the role of L-arginine in the diagnosis of pregnancy-induced hypertension» - Arterial Hypertens. 2016, vol. 20, no. 3, pages: 113–118.
7. Stockler-Ipsiroglu S, Apatean D, Battini R, DeBrosse S, Dessoffy K, Edvardson S, Eichler F, Johnston K, Koeller DM, Nouioua S, Tazir M, Verma A, Dowling MD, Wierenga KJ, Wierenga AM, Zhang V, Wong LJ. Arginine:glycine amidinotransferase (AGAT) deficiency: clinical features and long term outcomes, in 16 patients diagnosed worldwide. Mol Genet Metab. 2015;116(4):252–9.
8. Dong JY, Qin LQ, Zhang Z, Zhao Y, Wang J, Arigoni F, Zhang W. Effect of oral L-arginine supplementation on blood pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials //Am Heart J. 2011 Dec;162(6):959-65.
9. Edvardson S, Korman SH, Livne A, Shaag A, Saada A, Nalbandian R, Allouche-Arnon H, Gomori JM, Katz-Brull R. L-arginine:glycine amidinotransferase (AGAT) deficiency: clinical presentation and response to treatment in two patients with a novel mutation. Mol Genet Metab. 2010;101:228–32.
10. Battini R, Alessandrì MG, Leuzzi V, Moro F, Tosetti M, Bianchi MC, Cioni G. Arginine:glycine amidinotransferase deficiency in a newborn: early treatment can prevent phenotypic expression of the disease. J Pediatr. 2006;148:828–30.
11. Bianchi MC, Tosetti M, Battini R, Leuzzi V, Alessandri’ MG, Carducci C, Antonozzi I, Cioni G. Treatment monitoring of brain creatine deficiency syndromes: a 1H- and 31P-MR spectroscopy study. Am J Neuroradiol. 2007;28:548–54.
12. Battini R, Casalini C, Casarano M, Alessandrì MG, Leuzzi V, Cioni G. Clinical and neuropsychological follow up of AGAT-d patients after ten years from the diagnosis. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2011;34 Suppl 3:S49–S286. P-143, page S126.
13. Chilosi A, Leuzzi V, Battini R, Tosetti M, Ferretti G, Comparini A, Casarano M, Moretti E, Alessandrì MG, Bianchi MC, Cioni G. Treatment with L-arginine improves neuropsychological disorders in a child with creatine transporter defect. Neurocase. 2008;14:151–61.
14. Verma A. Arginine:glycine amidinotransferase deficiency: a treatable metabolic encephalomyopathy. Neurology. 2010;75:186–8.
15. Baroncelli L, Alessandrì MG, Tola J, Putignano E, Migliore M, Amendola E, Gross C, Leuzzi V, Cioni G, Pizzorusso T. A novel mouse model of creatine transporter deficiency. F1000 Research. 2014;3:228.