Lecture on neurology for internists "Ataxia: etiology, pathogenesis, clinical features" reveals the most important clinical manifestations of various forms of ataxia with a disorder of the function of balance and coordination of movements. Most doctors, due to the dominance of ideas about the association of dizziness and imbalance of the body with the pathology of the vestibular apparatus, often do not take into account the essential role of various diseases of the central nervous system and the appearance of these symptoms, therefore the disorder of this pathology in the lecture course for interns specialty "nerve diseases" is relevant. Given the classification, distinguish static ataxia - disturbances in the normal vertical position, dynamic - coordination disorders in motion. In clinical practice, there are several types of ataxia: sensitized, cerebellar, vestibular and cortical. The neurological examination has two main objectives: to detect disturbances of the cerebellum and other parts of the central nervous system. Correctly collected history can already at this stage to form an idea of the disease with a clear assessment of the course and language. The instrumental methods of examination allow to detect or rule out disturbances in other parts of the nervous system. Medicinal treatment of ataxia is symptomatic. Positive effect is provided by supportive therapy: physiotherapeutic methods, massage, acupuncture, classes with speech therapist.
2. Illarioshkin S.N., Rudenskaya G.Ye. Ivanova-Smolenskaya I.A., Markova Ye.D., Klyushnikov S.A. (2006) Nasledstvennyye ataksii i paraplegii.[ Hereditary ataxia and paraplegia.], pp. 448. [in Russian]
3. Kozlova S.I. (2007) Nasledstvennyye sindromy i mediko-geneticheskoye konsul'tirovaniye [Hereditary syndromes and medical genetic counseling.] Moscow, pp. 416 [in Russian]
4. Ponomarev V. V. (2013) Neyrodegenerativnyye zabolevaniya [Neurodegenerative diseases].-Foliant. pp. 200. [in Russian]
5. Zakharov V.V. (2014) Nervno-psikhicheskiye narusheniya: diagnosticheskiye testy
[Neuropsychiatric disorders: diagnostic tests]. Medpress. 320. pp. [in Russian]
6. V. N. Shtoka, O. S. Levina. (2006) Spravochnik po formulirovaniyu klinicheskogo diagnoza bolezneiy nervnoy sistemy [Handbook on the formulation of the clinical diagnosis of diseases of the nervous system] Мoscow. pp. 520. [in Russian]
7. Charles Clarke, Robin Howard, Martin Rossor and Simon Shorvon (2009) Neurology: A Queen Square Textbook. Blackwell Publishing Ltd. pp. 629-643.
8. E.L. Macheret, N.K. Murashko, A.V. Pysaruk (2000) Metodу dyahnostyky vehetatyvnoi dysfunktsyy [Methods of diagnosing vegetative dysfunction] Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys, no 2, pp. 16.
9. Svyrydova N.K. (2016) Kohnityvni ta emotsiyno-osobystisni porushennia u khvorykh na hipertenzyvnu entsefalopatiiu. Stan mozkovoho krovoobihu pry arterialnii hipertenzii (naukovyi ohliad ta osobysti sposterezhennia) [Cognitive and emotional-personal disorders in patients with hypertensive encephalopathy. Condition of cerebral circulation in arterial hypertension (scientific review and personal observations)] Mezhdunarodnыi nevrolohycheskyi zhurnal, no 1(79), pp. 123-130.
10. Murashko N.K. (2006) Dystsyrkuliatorna entsefalopatiia ta dementsiia: alhorytm diahnostyky i likuvannia [Discirculatory encephalopathy and dementia: an algorithm for diagnosis and treatment] Ukr. med. chasopys, no 55, pp. 33-37.