Chronic lower back pain (LBP) is the most widespread in the world cause of disability. The number of people suffering from this disease increases every year, making it a serious socioeconomic problem. The article deals with the latest information on BNS explain the mechanisms that are based on the interaction of mechanical, biological and chemical effects on the intervertebral disc (IVD). Proved that increased innervation degenerative IVD is one of the main components of pain in degenerative processes in IVD. There is a hypothesis that the reorganization of internal and external communications of certain areas of the hippocampus plays a role in the transition from pain subacute to chronic stage that was found in the investigated with chronic back pain using functional MRI. The modern treatment strategy LBP using mesenchymal stem cells. Restoration number of healthy cells in IVD leads to normalization of intercellular matrix and normalization of the morphology of the disc. LBP increases in inflammation of the lumbar spinal root ganglion as a result of immune response to the pathological process in the nucleus pulposus. In this situation, the use of corticosteroids in combination with a mineralocorticoid receptor blockers are an effective treatment for LBP. The article describes a method low wave laser therapy and its main operating principles that are widely used today to treat pain caused by disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
2. Albert HB. Antibiotic treatment in patients with chronic low back pain and vertebral bone edema [Modic type 1 changes]: a double-blind randomized clinical controlled trial of efficacy / Albert HB, Sorensen JS, Christensen BS, Manniche C. // Eur Spine J. - 2013. - № 22(4). - Р.697-707.
3. Albert HB. Does nuclear tissue infected with bacteria following disc herniations lead to Modic changes in the adjacent vertebrae? / Albert HB, Lambert P, Rollason J, Sorensen JS, Worthington T, Pedersen MB, Nørgaard HS, Vernallis A, Busch F, Manniche C, Elliott T. // European Spine Journal. - 2013. - №22(4). -Р.690-696.
4. Alkhatib B. Acute mechanical injury of the human intervertebral disc: link to degeneration and pain / Alkhatib B, Rosenzweig DH, Krock E, Roughley PJ, Beckman L, Steffen T, Weber MH, Ouellet JA, Haglund L. // Eur Cell Mater. - 2014. - № 28. - Р.98-110.
5. Amelia A. Mutso. Reorganization of hippocampal functional connectivity with transition to chronic back pain / Amelia A. Mutso, Bogdan Petre, Lejian Huang, Marwan N. Baliki, Souraya Torbey, Kristina M. Herrmann, Thomas J. Schnitzer, and A. Vania Apkarian // Neurophysiol. - 2014. - № 111. - Р.1065–1076.
6. Apkarian AV. Pain perception in relation to emotional learning / Apkarian AV // Current Opinion in Neurobiology. - 2008. - №18. - Р.464-468.
7. Apkarian AV. Towards a theory of chronic pain / Apkarian AV, Baliki MN, Geha PY // Prog Neurobiol. - 2009. - № 87(2). - Р. 81-97.
8. Apkarian AV. Pain and the brain: specificity and plasticity of the brain in clinical chronic pain / Apkarian AV, Hashmi JA, Baliki MN // Pain. - 2011. - № 152. - Р.49-64.
9. Austin RJ. Mometasone furoate is a less specific glucocorticoid than fluticasone propionate / Austin RJ, Maschera B, Walker A, Fairbairn L, Meldrum E, Farrow SN, Uings IJ // Eur Respir J. - 2002. - № 20. - Р.1386–1392.
10. Baliki MN. Corticostriatal functional connectivity predicts transition to chronic back pain / Baliki MN, Petre B, Torbey S, Herrmann KM, Huang L, Schnitzer TJ, Fields HL, Apkarian AV // Nat Neurosci. - 2012. - № 15. - Р.1117–1119.
11. Benedicenti S. Intracellular ATP level increases in lymphocytes irradiated with infrared laser light of wavelength 904 nm. / Benedicenti S, Pepe IM, Angiero F, Benedicenti A. // Photomed Laser Surg. - 2008. - № 26. - Р.451-453.
12. Boggio PS. Transcranial DC stimulation coupled with TENS for the treatment of chronic pain: a preliminary study / Boggio PS, Amancio EJ, Correa CF, Cecilio S, Valasek C, Bajwa Z, et al. // Clin J Pain. - 2009. - № 25. - Р.691–695.
13. Brown MF. Sensory and sympathetic innervation of the vertebral endplate in patients with degenerative disc disease / Brown MF, Hukkanen MV, McCarthy ID, Redfern DR, Batten JJ, Crock HV, Hughes SP, Polak JM J Bone // Joint Surg Br. - 1997. - № 79. - Р.147-153.
14. Brunoni AR. A systematic review on reporting and assessment of adverse effects associated with transcranial direct current stimulation / Brunoni AR, Amadera J, Berbel B, Volz MS, Rizzerio BG, Fregni F. // Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. - 2011. - № 14. - Р.1133–1145.
15. Burnett AF. Spinal kinematics and trunk muscle activity in cyclists: a comparison between healthy controls and non-specific chronic low back pain subjects-a pilot investigation / Burnett AF, Cornelius MW, Dankaerts W, O'sullivan PB. // Man Ther. - 2004.- № 9(4). - № 211-219.
16. Carvalho MM. Mesenchymal stem cells in the umbilical cord: Phenotypic characterization, secretome and applications in central nervous system regenerative medicine / Carvalho MM, Teixeira FG, Reis R, Sousa N, Salgado AJ. // Current Stem Cell Research & Therapy. - 2011. - № 6. - Р.221-228.
17. Cherkin DC. A review of the evidence for the effectiveness, safety, and cost of acupuncture, massage therapy, and spinal manipulation for back pain / Cherkin DC, Sherman KJ, Deyo RA, Shekelle PG // Ann Intern Med. - 2003. - № 138(11). - Р.898-906.
18. Chen J. Efficacy of low-level laser therapy in the treatment of TMDs: a meta-analysis of 14 randomised controlled trials / Chen J, Huang Z, Ge M, Gao M. // Jornal of Orall Rehabilitation. - 2015. - № 42(4). - Р.291-299.
19. Chou D. Degenerative magnetic resonance imaging changes in patients with chronic low back pain: a systematic review. Chou D, Samartzis D, Bellabarba C, Patel A, Luk KD, Kisser JM, Skelly AC // Spine. - 2011. - № 36. - Р.43-53.
20. de Schepper EI. The association between lumbar disc degeneration and low back pain: The influence of age, gender, and individual radiographic features / de Schepper EI, Damen J, van Meurs JB, Ginai AZ, Popham M, Hofman A, Koes BW, Bierma-Zeinstra SM // Spine. - 2010.- № 35. - Р.531-536.