The theory of the five elements is widely used in traditional Chinese medicine, and the division of natural phenomena according to the properties of the five elements and the nature of the relationship between them, is practical in clinical acupuncture: to characterize the structural, physiological and pathological features of the patient, diagnosis and treatment. With the development of diseases there is a pathological relationship between Zhang-Fu organs and tissues that they are subordinated to. The human body is an organic whole, in which there are numerous interconnections in the development of the pathological process due to the existing modified interconnections. It is established that the theory of five elements is a simple theory with certain limitations. The laws of the relationship between the elements of the U-Syin cycle are not a reflection of all possible interconnections between the Zhang-Fu organs and the related tissues. In clinical practice, these laws show objective physiological and pathological communications between the internal organs and can be used in the process of acupuncture diagnosis and treatment. The theory of the five elements lies at the heart of the methodology of traditional acupuncture diagnostics, used during its implementation and data analysis, it determines the pathological states in accordance with the characteristics and laws of the relationship of the five elements and formulates the syndromic diagnosis of traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
2. Dovhyi I.L. (2016) Zakhvoriuvannia peryferychnoi nervovoi systemy [diseases of the peripheral nervous system] [Vidp. red. N.K. Svyrydova]. – B. Tserkva: PAT «Bilotserkivska knyzhkova fabryka». T. 1, pp 718.
3. Macheret Ye.L., Parnikoza T.I., Chupryna H.M. et al. (2005) Suchasnyi pohliad na problemu cherepno-mozkovoi travmy ta yii viddaleni naslidky [A modern look at the problem of craniocerebral trauma and its long-term consequences] navchalno-metodychnyi posibnyk. Kyiv, pp 142.
4. Macheret Ye.L. Macheret Ye.L., Chupryna H.M., Svyrydova N.K. et al. (2005) Deiaki mekhanizmy tsefalhii (tradytsiini ta suchasni pohliady). Some mechanisms of cephalalgia (traditional and modern look). Zbirnyk naukovykh prats spivrobitnykiv KMAPO, vol 14, no 1, pp.703-708.
5. Svyrydova N.K. (2016) Novi mozhlyvosti terapii dorsalhii, asotsiiovanykh z miazevym spazmom [New possibilities for the treatment of dorsalgia associated with myasthenia spasm]. Skhidno-yevropeiskyi nevrolohichnyi zhurnal, no 2 (8), pp. 22-27.
6. Svyrydova N.K. (2015) Radykulopatyy i bessymptomnye hryzhy pozvonochnyka: dyfferentsyalnaia dyahnostyka i lechenye [Radiculopathy and asymptomatic backbone chrysomes: differential diannostics and treatment] Skhidno-yevropeiskyi nevrolohichnyi zhurnal, no 6 (6), pp. 4-12.
7. Svyrydova N.K., Inhula N.I. (2015) Osteokhondroz shyinoho viddilu khrebta ta yoho naslidky: diahnostyka ta likuvannia (klinichnyi vypadok) [Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and its consequences: diagnosis and treatment (clinical case)]. Skhidno-yevropeiskyi nevrolohichnyi zhurnal, no 6 (6), pp. 31-37.
8. Svyrydova N.K., Fedash-Kyrsanov A.A., Kucheeva Y.S., Svystun V.Iu. (2015) Holovnye boly pry patolohycheskykh protsessakh v oblasty shey [Headaches in pathological processes in the field of necks]. Skhidno-yevropeiskyi nevrolohichnyi zhurnal, no 6 (6), pp. 23-28.
9. Svyrydova N.K. (2016) Bol v spyne, kak chastaia prychyna obrashchenyia k nevrolohu [Back pain is a common cause of a neurologist's call] Skhidno-yevropeiskyi nevrolohichnyi zhurnal, no 5(11), pp. 35-39. [in Russian].
10. Chupryna H. M. (2015) Pidkhody do kompleksnoho likuvannia khvorykh na rozsiianyi skleroz za umov komorbidnosti z vykorystanniam metodiv refleksoterapii [Approaches to complex treatment of patients with multiple sclerosis under conditions of comorbidity using reflexotherapy methods] Yevropeiskyi nevroloh. zhurn, no 3, pp. 44–48.
11. Svyrydova N.K. (2016) Kohnityvni ta emotsiyno-osobystisni porushennia u khvorykh na hipertenzyvnu entsefalopatiiu. Stan mozkovoho krovoobihu pry arterialnii hipertenzii (naukovyi ohliad ta osobysti sposterezhennia) [Cognitive and emotional-personal disorders in patients with hypertensive encephalopathy. Condition of cerebral circulation in arterial hypertension (scientific review and personal observations)] Mezhdunarodnыi nevrolohycheskyi zhurnal, no 1(79), pp. 123-130.